Roomie!

January 19, 2010

I woke up today to my roommate walking in my room! Her name is Doreen, and she's really nice. I did laundry this morning by hand, and it was fun at first, but then got really boring. They have a lot of clothes hangers outside to hang your clothes on, and I felt really accomplished after I was done!




I also registered for dance class today with Heather and Rachael, and we have to wear white tops and black bottoms to every class. Luckily I brought my own, but Rachael and Heather had to buy them there. Another ISEP student, our friend Theresa, was there before us, and when they gave her black shorts, they looked really nice and like a dance outfit. So, we were really surprised when they started pulling out old black sweatpants and leggings for Heather and Rachael to try on. Some of them weren't even totally black, with a white stripe down them. It was really weird. I ate red red today, which is beans and sauce and plantain on the side, which is really good! (And I don't even like beans!) For dinner we went to the pizza place near campus that has Tuesday 2 for 1 deals. (I think we will be eating there almost every Tuesday night!) It was swarmed with white international students wanting food that reminded them of home! While we were walking back, it was dark, and our friend Judith fell into the gutter and twisted here ankle! Gutters here are everywhere, and they are at least 2-3 feet down, if not more, and they have both sides of them built up with concrete. I'm actually surprised I haven't fallen into one yet! Our “Mother Theresa” (we have 3 Theresa's in our program!) wrapped it up in towels and “set it” with some butter knives she bought at a local store nearby. Then she used my belt to tie it all together, and they went to the hospital to go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment