Wednesday and Thursday were pretty lazy days, since classes don't really happen. I went to Spanish class on Thursday (I am just going sometimes to keep up with speaking the language), and no students were there! My roommate on Thursday morning made rice and chicken in a crock pot, and she gave me breakfast in bed! I also went to my HIV/AIDS social work class, and it seems like it will be a very interesting class. The water went off again, but I am getting used to it!
This morning (Friday) I woke up at 4am to see the sunrise at Labadi beach. I went with Sofiani, Paula, Judith, and Evan. We took taxis there, and unfortunately, we didn't make it there in time to see the sun actually rise, but the beach was really cloudy anyway. It was nice to just relax at the beach, and we got to see the fishermen go out in really big boats, drop their nets, and then pull the nets in. It took about 12 men just to pull in the nets, and it took them a really long time.

Paula and I also met this guy who called himself the black “Pope John Paul” and he told us all about the Reggae night that he goes to at the beach on Wednesday nights. We came back just in time for our dance class, and it was really fun! They have drummers come in to play for us, and we learned some basic moves. After dance was over I went to go sleep for a while, and I woke up to ants EVERYWHERE! It was pretty intense. Tonight I ended up watching “Congo” a movie about Gorillas in Africa with a bunch of my friends here.

No comments:
Post a Comment