My 21st birthday!!!! (they can legally drink here when they are 18, so it's not a really big deal here...)
Last night my friend Judith gave me cheese for my birthday since she knew I liked it so much, and they don't usually eat cheese here!
Today I went to my “Working with communities” course, and after sitting in the wrong classroom with Heather for a while, we went to the real classroom. However, when we were handed the syllabus, it was for the wrong class. Our actual class got moved to a time a couple hours later to a different classroom. Classes still aren't set in stone, obviously. But, they can move classes around since all of the students have most of the same classes for the social work program. After my actual class, I went to the internet cafe to check my email, since our internet here was not working. At night, I went with a lot of my friends in my program to a bar called “Jerry's.” Even one of our Ghanaian student tour guides, Owushi, came! I got to meet the owner, Jerry, and had many drinks from my friends, including one called “Judgement Day” that is apparently illegal in the US for the amount of alcohol in it. (I didn't know that when I drank it!). We got to dance a little bit, and it was a really fun night!

No comments:
Post a Comment